We are right in the thick of the holiday season. It is easy for one to go the unhealthy route, with all of the delicious food available at get togethers and gatherings. So we put together a couple of things you can do to keep in shape and power through the season with a happy and healthy body!
- Jumping Jacks. Do jumping jacks for at least two minutes.
2. Side Lunges. Stand holding 5 to 8- pound dumbbells. Step your right leg out to the right and bend your right knee to 90 degrees, reaching your hands down on both sides of your foot. Push off your right foot to return to standing position, with your right foot directly in front of your left foot, arms sweeping up with palms facing in. Repeat on left side with your left foot stepping behind your right as you return to center. That is one rep. Do at least 24 reps.
3. Line Hops. Step or hop sideways over a stretched-out jump rope for 2 minutes.
4. Glute Bridges/ Single Leg Raises. Lying on your back with your knees up and feet elevated on a platform, lift your hips off the ground so that your torso and thighs are level, then lower back down slowly. Perform this 20 times. Progress to single leg glute bridges where you’ll be in a similar position, but this time raise one leg completely off the floor and in the air. From this position, lift your hips off the ground, keeping them level as you balance all the way to the top, hold and then slowly lower back down. After 20 reps change legs.
5. Pikes. Lying on the ground facing up, extend your hands above your head and keep them together. From this position perform a crunch and bring your arms and feet together while keeping them as straight as possible, and then bring back down to straight position. Perform 20 reps.
6. Lunge Twists. In a standing position, take a step forward and perform a lunge by dropping the back knee and hips towards the ground, low enough to just hover above the ground. In that low position, slowly rotate your trunk towards the knee that’s up with your arms facing the direction you’re twisting. Then twist your trunk back so your body is straight again, and make your way back up to the starting position standing up. Perform 2 reps on each side of the leg.
Doing these exercises on a regular basis will keep you fit and fresh this holiday season. Keep at it!
Follow us on Instagram, at @belascounlimitedskillsacademy and like us on Facebook at facebook.com/belascounlimitedskillsacademy
For inquiries on our weekly basketball and tennis classes, contact firstname.lastname@example.org